Good Luck Wake-Up and Lakota!

Talented Combinations Line Up for 2013 Markel/USEF Young & Developing Horse Dressage National Championships

 

Developing Horse Prix St. Georges Championship

Emily Wagner and WakeUp

Emily Wagner and Wake Up (Photo: Chuck Swan/Swan Studios LLC)

 

Lexington, KY – The future of U.S. Dressage will be on display this week at the Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois, as 59 of the most exciting rising stars go to task in the 2013 Markel/USEF Young & Developing Horse Dressage National Championships in conjunction with the Dressage At Lamplight August show, August 22-25. National Titles will be up for grabs in four-to six-year-old divisions as well as at the Prix St. Georges and Grand Prix levels.  All horses will compete in a Qualifying Class which accounts for 40% of the overall score and a Championship Class which will determine the remaining 60%.

 

A talented group of 14 developing horses have traveled to Lamplight with their sights set on earning National Titles over the weekend. Competition kicks off Friday with all entries performing the FEI Prix St. Georges Test. Championship competition comes to a close on Sunday with the USEF Developing Horse Prix St. Georges Test.

 

Last year, Emily Wagner (La Cygne, KS) and her own AWR registered and licensed stallion  Wake-Up (Wagnis x Maiden Montreal/Macho) were the second place finishers in this championship and will look to claim the Championship Title in 2013. The eight-year-old American Warmblood gelding already has a National Title to his name; in 2011 he earned top honors in the Six-Year-Old Championship. The pair currently stands second on the 2013 Markel/USEF National Developing Horse Prix St. Georges Dressage Championship Ranking List.

 

Heidi Degele (Loxahatchee, FL) and the AWR-registered Lakota (Mick/Rena/Ludse) will be the second combination competing in this class as Alternate.

 

 

Entries for Markel/USEF Developing Prix St Georges Championships 2013

Fortune and Fame – Oldenburg – Florencio x Hauptstutbuch Rinette/ Bonjour
Breeder: /Doerte Gramberg Owner: Melody Jackson
Rider: Kaen Lipp, Ball Ground, GA

Wake Up – American Warmblood – Wagnis x Maiden Montreal/Macho
Breeder: Beverly McLean
Owner/Rider: Emily Wagner, LaCygne, KS

Sandro Paix – Oldenburg – Sandro Hit x Unknown/Unknown
Breeder: Dr. Rolf-Peter Schulze Owner: Sandi Chohany, Hampshire, IL
Rider: Heather McCarthy, Prairie Grove, Il

Saphira – Oldenburg – Florencio I x Roxina/Chairman
Breeder: Wolfgang Sames Owner: John McGuire, Elburn, IL
Rider: Heather McCarthy, Prairie Grove, Il

Adventure – KWPN – Special D x Sunette S/Mandrian
Owner: Skagen Holdings, Reno, NV
Rider: Charlotte Jorst, Reno, NV

Somerhall – Oldenburg – Sir Donnerhall x Arantscha B/Archipel
Breeder: Theo Berkemeier
Owner/Rider: Ashley Wimmer, Winston Salem, NC

Lord Sisley – Oldenburg – Lord Sinclair x Landlady/Landadell
Breeder: Heinz Schulze Owner: Leslie Waterman
Rider: Debbie Hill, Gurley, AL

Zania – KWPN – Sir Sinclair x Melody/Heirarch
Breeder: BJ Odink
Owner/Rider: Jami Kmet, Palmyra, NE

Suraya – Westphalia – Sandro Hit x Parelcadanza/Rubenstein I
Breeder: A. Reesink-Brouwer Owner: Jody & Alexandra Kitchen
Rider: Karen Lipp, Ball Ground, GA

Rosa Cha W – Warmblood – Malcho x Jazzman/Richmeed Medallion
Breeder: Windurra USA LLC  Owner: Rosa Cha W Syndicate
Rider: Silva Martin, Unionville, PA

Nobby V.D. Shamrock – Friesian – Beart x Beytske E./Erik
Breeder: A.G. Karnebeek Deldenerdijk  Owner: Debie McSweeney
Rider: Jane Hannigan, Harvard, MA

Bahai – Hanoverian – Baroncelli x SPS Rose/Rotspon
Breeder: Otto Rudolf Fuchs
Owner/Rider: Nora Batchelder, Williston, FL

Alternate
Lakota – American Warmblood – Mick x Rena/Ludse
Breeder: Mary Sue Jacobs Owner: Mesa Farms Inc
Rider: Heidi Degele, Loxahatchee, FL

Zabaco – KWPN – Contango x Piacenza/Juventus
Breeder: Beth Godwin Owner: Deborah A. Olson
Rider: Andreanna Patzwald, Sturdevan, WI

 

 

Leave a Reply